Tuesday, June 23, 2009

summer is ready when you are

Oh boy. For the past several days I have been consumed with anticipation for this weekend's trip to Ocean City, Maryland. I haven't been to the beach in years! At least 6, if not more. And I know, I know, it's just Maryland. I've never been anywhere further south, except Florida, when I was too young to remember much. I think I beachcombed for sand dollars, and maybe Brandon and Vaughn made a giant sand snake (like you do). The Outer Banks are a foreign concept to me, and honestly, I wouldn't go out of my way to get there.

The important thing is that I am jazzed as hell about these:

boardwalk!

amusement rides!

getting sand in your crotch!

being horribly burned!

weird tchotchkes!

unhealthy food items!

smelling of the sea!

possibly having to find Brock if he wanders off in a stupor at 2am (don't do it)!
It's going to be swell. Also, apparently on the itinerary is some kind of all-you-can-eat seafood buffet, and indulging in intemperance afterwards. Surefire SUCCESS.



I should not fail to mention that this past weekend was also some times. Brock, Kyle, Alyssa, and I went to Kennywood on Saturday, the best day anyone has ever had at an amusement park because the weather forecast kept a lot of people home. A brief storm shower around noon was enough of a deterrent that the rest of the day we had hardly any lines to wait in, which meant for several turns on basically whatever we liked. Facts we have gathered:

- Aliens fucking hate travelling in a straight line. It's on account of their innards always swirling.

- Brock will escalate from a few chuckles to an unstoppable torrent of laughter while riding the Swing Shot, every time. I wish I had gotten pictures of this.

- The Die Hard arcade game is the best ever.

- Kennywood's rollercoasters can achieve such dramatic drops because of the Unique Geography of Pittsburgh (tm).

- Brock can stop time and/or cause a miracle to happen if he loses his sunglasses in mid-air on a rollercoaster.



A+ time. Would attend amusement park again.

No comments: