Friday, June 19, 2009

you've been chosen as an extra in the movie adaptation of the sequel to your life

My memory is so treacherous that moments like this are bewildering and magical. Most of my high school experience is fogged so well that all I can tell you is I was a lame and dorkish small person, with a burning desire to set myself apart from unintellectual conformist cool people. Examples of this are difficult to fish from the miscellany of half-memories I retain, although:

1) Several of my closest friends at the time owned server space accessible via "anticonformity.com," and my personal part of this had a lot to do with tributes to anime characters and elaborate sketches that Lena, Andy and I would distract ourselves with during Geometry,

and

2) This image.


I just stumbled across this somewhere in a dark corner of the internet (you don't say) and was struck with a peculiar sense of familiarity. I am almost positive I found this image, or one of its spiritual brethren, somewhere on the world wide intertubes as it existed circa 1999, and took pains - not to print it out! - but to create my own, personalized version. Possibly featuring Heero Yui from Gundam Wing, although I am less sure of this point. I know I didn't keep this blowjob on it, though.

The main thing to keep in mind here is that I never took pains to fill in any names on the list, because I had no enemies other than the all-consuming teenage angst that evidently drove me to the extremes of amateur graphic design in MS Pub.

I am an island of such great complexity.

No comments: